Sunday, March 8, 2015

10th Annual Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival

This weekend I was able to have a free day off of work so my boyfriend and I decided to take a trip to the annual Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival. The day was really beautiful, but it was pretty hot to be wearing lolita. Luckily, the garden it is hosted in is located in a shady, cool area so the added relief helped me out a lot, along with my trusty parasol.

We headed down to the event past noon and it was already really crowded! The area it was held at is normally popular on the weekends because it is the central hub of our city's museums and parks. It took us some time to find parking. We ran into a friend of mine (who was wearing the cutest pink yukata in all of existence!) and she happily gave us her parking spot as she was getting ready to leave (Thank you again! *cries*).


We waited in line and got our tickets. It was only $6 for admission. The garden has been under renovations for the past few years. The last year we went, they had just planted new trees and were installing a beautiful stream that ran through the garden. It was also rainy and damp that day so we only stayed for a little while. This year was really nice and I was glad to see there were so many people interested in seeing the cherry blossoms bloom. The garden is a little small and the walkway down to the trees is very narrow so it took us some time to dodge other spectators heading in the opposite direction, but it was well worth it!






We took some photos and were amazed to see how much the trees have grown! We made our way back up to get a bite to eat from the many booths we got to select from. There was yakitori, okonomiyaki, takoyaki, and so much more. My boyfriend was nice enough to wait in line for some takoyaki as I shuffled away to take some photos of the other areas of the garden.




When I came back, he bought had bought some pork buns, takoyaki, and a taiyaki for me! It was really yummy, especially after a day of walking! We were even lucky enough to run into some friends when we were getting ready to go eat. It was a really fun and beautiful day! I hope it will be just as beautiful the next year we come!



And of course, some outfit shots in the park! :P

Outfit Rundown:
Skirt, Tights: Angelic Pretty
Parasol: BTSSB
Blouse: Ank Rouge
Jabot: Innocent World
Shoes: Bodyline
Accessories: Offbrand and gifts from friends


I wanted to match the cherry blossoms and this skirt is the only bit of sweet pink I have in my wardrobe. I was glad I had a good reason to wear it out!



Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment